Saturday, April 25, 2009

Baking


I spent most of the afternoon and evening baking and making candy. My kitchen is so hot now. I don't know how long it will take before the chocolate cools. But today I made toffee, gingerbread biscotti, and chocolate chocolate chip cookies. I attempted to make peanut brittle without using corn syrup, that didn't work so well. I tried it twice and both times it sugared. The first time I there was water in my candy thermometer and it was steaming up. I couldn't read it. I don't know what happened the second time. I gave up after that, no use wasting all that sugar and nuts.

We got the kids rooms mostly cleaned. I still have to vacuum and mop. Of course once the boy's room was clean they didn't want to mess it up so Journey dragged down a box of toys. Now my living room is a big mess. Go figure.

No comments: